When to Get Professional Mold Removal
Mold is a dangerous toxin that can affect your home’s air quality. It might be present in your home and could be affecting you, even if even actual mold isn’t visible. It can negatively impact your quality of life if you don’t get professional mold removal.
What is Mold?
Mold is a type of fungus that appears like fuzzy spots. It comes in different colors like black, gray, or green. Over 100,000 species of mold have been identified. Being exposed to mold could lead to negative health effects based on the type of mold and your health status.
You might have heard about toxic mold. Well, mold itself isn’t poisonous or toxic. Nevertheless, there are a few toxigenic mold species. This means it produces mycotoxins. It is the chemical byproduct of a metabolic process. Some mycotoxins can cause a toxic response in animals and humans, even when it is present in small amounts.
Mold removal is important because molds release reproductive spores that can spread through water, air, or animals. These spores can be responsible for many health issues like asthma attacks or allergies. If mold spores land on damp spots in your house, they start growing, digesting whatever they are growing on in order to survive. Molds reproduce in a moist place and they grow on carpet, paper, wood, food, and various other surfaces.
Types of Mold
Mold usually comes in three types.
- Allergenic: This is unlikely to lead to an illness. Everyone is breathing airborne mold spores. Some people have allergic reactions or experience asthmatic symptoms because of it. Airborne mold spores make their way through your nose leading to symptoms like itching, sneezing, runny nose, dry skin, and congestion. Mold spores could also lead to an asthmatic episode.
- Pathogenic Molds: A pathogenic mold is the one that might lead to infection in humans, even when they aren’t suffering from any health problems. There are a few molds that fall into the category of pathogenic mold. One example is the Aspergillus genus. A strain of this mold causes black spots on food.
- Toxigenic Molds: These are the toxic mold species creating mycotoxins, a chemical metabolic byproduct. This byproduct can lead to a toxic response in animals and humans. The chemicals can become airborne and might travel with mold spores.
A professional should be called in to make a full assessment to handle the mold removal in your home.
Things You Can Do to Remove Mold
A major mold manifestation might ruin your home, as well as your health. So, you need ways to remove it. Here are a few non-toxic methods that you can apply.
- Treat Mold with Hydrogen Peroxide: Hydrogen Peroxide is an antifungal, antibacterial, and antiviral solution that you will find in most pharmacies. This is a great DIY mold removal product. Use it to spray on surfaces like bathroom fixtures, kitchen countertops and appliances, and hardwood floors.
- Remove Mold Using Vinegar: White vinegar has mild acidic properties that can clean, disinfect, and deodorize. It can also kill almost all mold species. You can use it on porous, as well as non-porous surfaces. So, use it on any surface you want. It will have a strong smell initially, but the odor will go away.
- Get Rid of Mold Using Baking Soda: From absorbing odors to cooking, baking soda has several uses. Surprisingly, it is good for mold removal. Also, it is safe for your family members and pets. In addition to killing black mold, it also absorbs the moisture that draws mold which helps prevent it from coming back.
- Remove Black Mold Using Essential Oils: Essential oils are used for aromatherapy, yet these natural compounds are capable of much more. For instance, tea tree oil serves as an insect repellant and an antiseptic but it can be used to remove black mold. Tea tree oil can clean up mold easily and prevents mold spores from recurring.
- Call a professional mold removal service. When you are unsure how much mold you have or it is too much to remove yourself, call a professional mold removal service right away.
Benefits of Professional Mold Removal
Hiring a professional mold removal company is the best way to go. Here are the benefits:
- Thorough Cleaning: There are many DIY techniques, but there there is still a chance that you are risking your health. You cannot be sure that the mold is fully eradicated and is not going to come back. For complete removal of mold from your home, hire a professional mold removal company like us. We have the knowledge and experience to get the job done.
- Reduce Mold Spreading: While you clean mold on the surface, spores might inevitably get into the air and might spread through the house. Yes, there are a few DIY methods that can lead to the spread of mold. Even if you kill most mold spores, any spores left behind can cause issues later on. If it gets into your HVAC system, it will spread rampantly. Professionals know how to contain the spread of spores.
- Find Out the Source: Sure, cleaning your existing mold is a great idea but it will not be useful in the long run. A professional mold removal service like ours will do more than just getting rid of existing mold. We will find out the source. We are trained to identify the source and take the best course of action to fully mitigate the problem.
- Save Money: Sure, you have to spend money initially when you call in a pro, but you can save money in the long run. The longer you wait to handle the mold problem, the more costly the mold removal will be. It is better to hire a professional now and get it fixed right away.
By hiring a professional, you can make sure that the mold problem infecting the air quality in your house is completely eradicated. If you are encountering mold issues in your house, call us now for professional mold removal.